STORAGE SPACE LEASE
STORAGE SPACE LEASE
This Agreement is made and entered in this __________(1)____________ day of
________(2)________, ________(3)_________, between _________(4)____________, of
________________(5)__________________, hereinafter referred to as "Lessor" and ________
(6)_______, of ___________(7)_____________, hereinafter referred to as "Lessee".
WHEREAS, Lessor desires to lease to Lessee and Lessee desires to lease from Lessor
the premises generally described as ________(8)___________, it is herein agreed as follows:
1. Lessor hereby leases to Tenant, the premises described above for a term of
___________(9)__________ beginning ________________(10)________________ and ending
2. Tenant agrees to pay the rent herein provided subject to the terms and conditions set
3. Rent shall be payable in equal monthly installments to be paid in advance on the
___________(12)____________ day of each month, to the address of Landlord as stated above
or at such other address as Landlord may, from time to time, require.
4. Upon receiving any payment of the rent in cash, Lessor agrees to issue a receipt
stating Tenant's name, a description of the premises, the amount of rent paid, the date paid and
the period for which rent is paid.
5. Lessor covenants that the leased premises are clean and dry and that there exists no
violation of any applicable building code, law or regulation.
6. Tenant agrees to use the premises exclusively for the storage of personal property,
merchandise, supplies or other material owned by Tenant and for no other use.
7. Tenant understands and agrees that the use of electricity for food freezers,
refrigerators and other appliances is not allowed.
8. Tenant agrees to keep the immediate premises in good order and to advise Lessor or
his agent of any needed maintenance or repairs.
9. Tenant shall not store any items outside the storage area nor dispose of any trash
outside the storage area other than in containers provided by Lessor.
10. Tenant shall not keep or have in or on the leased premises any article or thing which
might be pronounced "hazardous" or "extra hazardous" by any responsible insurance company.
11. Tenant agrees not to commit a nuisance in or upon said premises so as to
substantially interfere with the comfort or safety of occupants of adjacent buildings.
12. Lessor is not responsible for any loss or damage due to fire, theft, water, wind,
hurricane or any cause whatsoever to the property of Tenant, nor is Lessor required to carry any
insurance to cover same.
13. Tenant, at his own expense, shall obtain his own insurance, if any, to the property
stored in said premises.
14. Tenant shall not sublease said premises without the written consent of Lessor.
15. Tenant may not make any alterations to the premises without the written consent of
16. Tenant agrees to make a security deposit in the amount of $___________(13)
___________ to be used by Lessor at the termination of this lease for the cost of repairs, if any,
to the premises caused by the intentional or negligent acts of Tenant.
17. Lessor agrees to return said security deposit to Tenant upon Tenant's vacating the
premises in a clean condition subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
18. Lessor shall have the right to enter said premises at any time to inspect same, to
make repairs or to enforce this lease.
19. Tenant, at his own expense, may provide a suitable means of locking said premises,
giving a key or combination to any locking device to Lessor so that he or his agent may effect
entry for any of the purposes enumerated above.
20. Tenant agrees to notify Lessor in writing 15 days in advance of vacating the
21. Tenant agrees that this lease shall be subject and subordinate to any mortgage or
mortgages now on said premises, or which Owner of said premises may hereafter at any time
elect to place upon said premises.
22. Lessor and Tenant agree that this lease, when filled out and signed, is a binding legal
23. Lease constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties hereto.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed this Agreement on the date
first above written.
The information in this document is designed to provide an outline that you can follow
when formulating business or personal plans. Due to the variances of many local, city, county
and state laws, we recommend that you seek professional legal counseling before entering into
any contract or agreement.